Ryan Irelan & Andrew record another devMode standup where we discuss topics ranging from the etymology of the word “sanguine” to the entomology of the Texas fire ants that attacked Ryan.
We go on to talk more about the Docker Compose API follies, the massive AWS outage, how redundant systems aren’t always that resilient, and Ryan coding while on prescription drugs.
We also chat about some projects Andrew has been working such as the Matrix Criteria Behavior for finding entries based on fields in Matrix blocks, and the AX that Matrix Facades can provide.
Finally, we have an in-depth discussion on the future (or lack thereof) of the Pluginfactory.io website (which goes on in the after-show, so stick around past the closing tunes).
- Sanguine etymology
- A Brief History of Bloodletting
- docker-compose container name
- The History of Docker
- Fire Ant
- Prednisone side effects
- European wasp
- Eurasian brown bear
- How the AWS outage wreaked havoc across the U.S.
- AWS Multi-Region Application Architecture
- Chaos Monkey
- How To Set Up a Private Git Server on a VPS
- Who controls the Internet?
- Searching Craft CMS Matrix Blocks
- Creating a custom field in Craft CMS
- The Hemingway Stories
- Did Edison really electrocute Topsy the Elephant?
- generator-craftplugin git repo
- Creating Craft CMS plugins with generator-craftplugin video
- Pluginfactory.io plugin & module stats
- 21 Artisan Make Commands
- What even is PHP? (with Rector discussion)