Episode 113 / 2021.07.26
On this episode, we talk with Ben Hong from Netlify about the Vite.js modern frontend tooling from Evan You, the creator of Vue.js!
We talk about Grunt, Gulp, webpack, and how the evolution of the modern web platform has allowed frontend tooling like Vite.js to be lighting fast and light on config.
We discuss how the performance and usability of Vite.js adds to the Developer Experience (DX) in a big way, with things like zero-config TypeScript and JSX support.
Finally, we learn that Nuxt 3 will work with Vite out of the box. Oh, and we get the dirt on the Nuxt 3 release date too!
- An Annotated webpack 4 Config for Frontend Web Development
- webpack-dev-server 4.0.0-rc.0
- module/nomodule pattern
- Craft CMS
- Vite.js Next Generation Frontend Tooling + Craft CMS
- U: nuxt / P: nuxt
- Vue.js 3
- Nitrous oxide engine
- Tobias Koppers hired by Vercel
- Running Node.js in Docker for local development
- Rochester Polar Plunge