On this episode, we have Sam Hernandez from Precocity LLC on to talk to us about how the centuries old philosophy of Stocism applies to development, and to our lives.
Stocism is a philosophy designed to make us more resilient, happier, more virtuous and more wise – and as a result, better people, better parents and better professionals.
Sam talks to us about how we can use the philosophy to improve our lives, and improve our jobs as developers.
Never fret over the tabs vs. spaces argument ever again!
- What Is Stoicism?
- Epicureanism and Stoicism
- How to be Happy **Tutorial** (PewDiePie)
- The Stoic Developer
- Do We Need $75,000 a Year to Be Happy?
- Stoic definition
- The Serenity Prayer and Twelve Step Recovery
- 24 Hour News Cycle tweet
- A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy
- The Eisenhower Decision Matrix
- How Thomas Covenant Changed Fantasy
- How Karen became a meme
- James Stockdale
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life
- Club Marcella