On this episode we have on @GoogleDevExpert Jay Phelps from Citadel Securities about WebAssembly. We talk about what WebAssembly (or Wasm) is, and how it’s a “BIG IDEA” that’s going to impact you in the future.
We talk about why there’s a need for something like WebAssembly, and what use-cases it solves. Then we dive deep to talk about the nitty gritty in terms of what Wasm is, and how it’s implemented under the hood.
We also reveal the surprising fact that the devMode.fm team has been using WebAssembly without knowing it… and so have you!
Even if you’ve only vaguely heard whispers about WebAssembly, this podcast is sure to be interesting and informative for you!
- Wasm Explorer
- Jay Phelps on Twitter
- WebAssembly Demystified video
- A cartoon intro to WebAssembly
- Crazy WebAssembly demo from Dan Callahan
- Docker co-founder Solomon Hykes on WebAssembly
- Wasm modules on npm!
- WebAssembly at eBay: A Real-World Use Case
- Cloudflare Add WebAssembly Support
- WebAssembly as target for linux kernel